Alcohol and Drug Abuse Advisory Board
To review services and need for services relating to alcohol or drug abuse education, treatment, and prevention.
Number of Members: 27
Thirteen Ex-officio members:
1. Health Officer or designee
2. Chief of Police or designee
3. Superintendent of Education or designee
4. Member of the County Council or designee
5. Administrative Judge of the Circuit Court (5th Judicial Circuit) or designee
6. Administrative Judge of the District Court (10th Judicial District) or designee
7. State’s Attorney or designee
8. District Public Defender for the 10th District or designee
9. President of the Howard County Student Government or designee
10. Director of the local Department of Social Services or designee
11. Regional Director of the Department of Juvenile Services or designee
12. Regional Director of the Department of Parole and Probation or designee
13. Director of the Department of Corrections or designee
Fourteen citizen members appointed by the County Executive:
Seven members shall represent the general public and shall not be providers of substance abuse education, treatment or prevention services to Howard County residents;
Three members shall represent providers of substance abuse education, treatment or prevention;
One member shall be a representative of a college or university in the County;
One member shall represent an advocacy group which addresses issues relating to alcohol and/or drug abuse; and
One member shall be a recipient of addictions treatment services
County Executive appoints. County Council confirms.
Substance Abuse Impact Services Coordinator, 410-313-DRUG (3784)
Third Wednesday of each month at 5:00 pm in Conference Room A, Gateway Building, 7178 Columbia Gateway Drive, Columbia, MD 21046
Joan Webb Scornaienchi (Chair)
Joseph Gagliardi, M.D.
Carol Robinson, R.N.