Real Property Tax - How to Pay
Taxpayers have several options for paying their property taxes.
- Taxpayers can arrange to have their taxes paid by their mortgage company from an escrow account.
- Taxpayers should mail their check or money order made payable to Director of Finance along with their payment coupon, if available, to Howard County Maryland, PO Box 37237, Baltimore, MD 21297-3237.
- For a fee taxpayers can pay by credit card (VISA, Master Card and American Express) on line (click here). See note below.
- Taxpayers can pay in person at the Department of Finance, Cashier’s Office on the 1st Floor, George Howard Building, 3430 Court House Drive, Ellicott City, MD 21043. The office is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM except for Howard County Government holidays. Payments in person can be made by cash, check or money order. See note below.
- Taxpayers can also use the drop box to the left of the main entrance to the George Howard Building, 3430 Court House Drive, Ellicott City, MD 21043, to deposit their payments. Payment left in the drop box should be in the form of check or money order. Drop box payments will be processed effective the next County business day.
PLEASE NOTE: Payments made by credit card are assessed a convenience fee. This fee is levied by the Credit Card processor and cannot be waived by Howard County.
Payments made via the website are charged with a convenience fee that varies with the amount of the charges. See payment website for exact convenience fee for your payment amount.