Real Estate Services Division
The Real Estate Services Division (RESD) was established in 1988 by the Director of Public Works. Our mission is to ensure that all mandated programs and functions assigned to the division are completed in a timely fashion and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
We are responsible for the administrative, legal, and technical requirements of the programs, policies and procedures as hereinafter defined. Approximately 95% of this division's workload is mandated by State and/or County laws. RESD is responsible for the following programs:
- Capital Improvement Program – Acquisition of land.
- Developer Agreement Program – Processing Developer Agreements and related legal documents.
- Private Road Takeover.
- Process and Maintenance of Sidewalks, Driveway Aprons & Sod Agreements.
- Metropolitan District Incorporation Mandatory Water & Sewer Connections.
- Asset Management.
- Howard County Master Road Book Index.
- Streetlights – acceptance of private streetlights.
- Public Works Board Liaison.
Documents for Download:
Procedure 501.4 - Preparing Land Acquisition Documents
Title Requirements for Developer Projects
Form A - Corporation
Form B - Partnership or Joint Venture
Form C - Limited Liability Company
Form D - Sole Proprietorship
Form E - Miscellaneous Organization
Instruction Letter Form - Real Estate Services
Preservation Checklist - On-Site
Preservation Checklist - Off-Site
Preservation Checklist - Parcel