Home | Careers | Font size A A A

Frequently Asked Questions

[ Number of Topics: 73 ]
When does the County offer shredding events?

There are typically two County-sponsored shredding events each year one in the Spring and one in the Fall.

FAQ's and Brochures
The Department of Planning and Zoning is pleased to be able to provide the following brochures to the County.   Brochures may be requested via telephone by calling (410) 313 2350, or in person at the Department of Planning and Zoning.
What should I do with plastic bags?

The best way to recycle bags is to take them back to your local grocery or retail store. Click for more...

How do file a complaint about a business?

To file a complaint with the Office of Consumer Affairs, you may use our complaint form or write us a letter describing your dispute and the relief you are seeking.

Frequently Asked Questions

 Frequently Asked Questions Signage The State Board does not have regulatory authority over the placement or location of campaign signs. However, there are State and local laws that regulate where and when you can put up campaign signs. Placement of

How Do I Pay a Bill Online?
You may now pay any or all of the following with a credit card: Parking Tickets, Personal Property Tax, Real Property Tax, Red Light Citations, Speed Camera Citations, Water Sewer Bill -  American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and VISA Accepted.
How do I find out my curbside collection days?

Please call 410-313-6444 or email help@HowardCountyRecycles.org.

What are the minimum requirements for smoke detectors in my single-family home or townhome which I intend to rent?


The smoke detector requirements are determined by the date the house was originally built.  See this chart  for specifications on the type of smoke detector and location of smoke detector based on the date of construction.  Smoke detectors can be no more than 10 years old.  Every 10 years they must be replaced. AC electrically wired (hard-wired) detectors must be replaced at 10 years with new AC wired detectors.  In addition to the requirements listed in the chart there must also be a smoke detector INSIDE EVERY BEDROOM. Those inside the bedrooms must be 10 year sealed in Lithium battery detectors (non -removable battery).


What are the days and times for ''walk-through'' permits?

Walk through is on Wednesday and Thursday from 1 00 to 3 00 PM. There are restrictions on what types of permits can be walked through on those days. Please call the Permits Office at 410 313 2455.

When will my street be plowed?

The Roadway Maintenance division of the Bureau of Highways is responsible for snow removal and operates out of three separate shops Cooksville West Zone, Dayton Central Zone, Mayfield East Zone.

[Next Page] [Last Page]