MMSR Training Series
The MMSR initiative of the Maryland State Department of Education promotes a statewide approach to enhancing school readiness. MSDE believes that all young children should be provided with opportunities that have a positive impact on their success in school. Experiences should promote their well-being, motor development, social and emotional development, approach toward learning, language development, cognition, and general knowledge. The individual strengths and needs of each child should be continually assessed to facilitate frequent adjustments and supplements to instruction.
Who can benefit from MMSR?
- Center Directors and Owners
- Child Care Center and Preschool Teachers
- Family Child Care Providers
- Anyone who works with 3,4, or 5 yr olds who want to promote school readiness
Participants in MMSR will learn:
- The dimensions, outcomes, and indicators for MMSR
- How outcomes, indicators, and assessment relate to curriculum and daily activities
- How to objectively observe and document using the Work Sampling SystemHow to use the information collected via observation in regard to school readiness
Benefits of Early Education
The Maryland Model for School Readiness provides a framework for best practices in early care and education programs. Through MMSR, providers gain a greater understanding of children's learning styles and capabilities, allowing them to dig deeper into every child's potential. Children and families benefit from clear communication about what children need to learn and be able to be successful when they enter school.
Questions? Contact Lacey Tsonis, Training Coordinator, email@example.com or call 410-313-1923.