Office of Transportation/About Us
3430 Courthouse Drive
Ellicott City, MD 21043
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
The Office of Transportation’s primary focus is to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of public transportation services in and around Howard County and ensure that connectivity is front and center in land use planning and site development.
Established in the Spring of 2012, the Office oversees the followings programs:
- Regional Transportation Agency of Central Maryland (RTA) (fixed-route service)
- RTA Mobility (ADA complementary and paratransit service)
- Howard Commuter Solutions (rideshare/vanpool services)
- Work-on-Wheels (reverse commute service)
- The Pedestrian and Bicycle Master Plans
Additionally, the Office provides financial and project support to a number of non-profit organizations through the County, such as Humanim and Neighbor Ride.
While oversight of the Office is through County Administration, additional guidance and support is provided by the Howard County Public Transportation Board. The Board meets on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 7:00 pm.
Information on the Board, including past minutes and upcoming meetings can be found at Public Transportation Board.