Community Service Partnerships
COMMUNITY SERVICE PARTNERSHIP GRANTS
Howard County, through its Department of Citizen Services, offers grants to nonprofit organizations providing critical human services in the county.
To be eligible for funding, an agency must:
- be a 501 (c)(3) or 501 (c)(4) nonprofit,
- serve the residents of Howard County (if the agency serves a larger geographic area, funding may only be requested for those services that are offered within Howard County), and
- make their services available to eligible residents in conformance with federal, state, and local housing and human rights law.
For a listing of the FY13 Community Services Partnership grant recipients, please click here. In general, grant funds can be used for either agency operating costs, direct program costs or a combination of the two. CSP funding cannot be used as capital project grants. For questions regarding the Community Service Partnership Program, please call 410-313-6400 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTINUUM OF CARE
The Department of Citizen Services is the public agency responsible for planning and coordinating homeless services in Howard County, and administers the Federal and State grants which fund homeless services. A continuum of services is available, including
- Outreach, assessment, and prevention;
- Emergency shelter;
- Transitional housing;
- Permanent housing with supportive services;
- Permanent housing; and
- Supportive services.
Contact: Janice Brzezinski
Grassroots Crisis Intervention 24-HOUR CRISIS HOTLINE: