Landlord - Owner Information
The relationship between landlord and tenant is critical to a stable and prosperous rental housing market. Vital to this stability is the landlords and tenants comprehension of their basic rights and responsibilities and access to the necessary tools and resources that facilitate this education.
Howard County Housing (HCH) has created a guide for owners and landlords that details basic information from the major local government entities responsible for monitoring and supporting landlords and tenants including HCH, the Department of Licensing, Inspections and Permits, the Office of Consumer Affairs and the Office of Human Rights.
Exclusive to HCH is the landlord’s advantage to participate in the Housing Choice Voucher Program as a partner, helping to provide affordable, safe and sanitary housing to eligible program participants. As a partner, the landlord routinely receives a timely, full or partial payment every month in exchange for helping to provide affordable housing opportunities to low and moderate income families. Information about this partnership and the other local offices is included in the Owner’s Guide. Other landlord and tenant resources are as follows:
• MD Department of Housing and Community Development - http://mdhousing.org/Website/Default.aspx
• Department of Housing and Urban Development - http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD
• Howard County Sherriff’s Office - http://howardcountymd.gov/departments.aspx?ID=4294967995
• District Court of Maryland -http://www.courts.state.md.us/district/forms/civil/dccv082br.html
• Office of the Attorney General http://www.oag.state.md.us/Consumer/landlords.htm
• Landlord-Tenant Dispute - http://www.courts.state.md.us/district/forms/civil/dccv082br.pdf
• Baltimore Neighborhoods, Inc. - http://www.bni-maryland.org/
• Maryland Legal Aid Bureau - http://www.mdlab.org/
Forms & Manuals
New Landlords Requirements Form
Landlords & Tenants can obtain inspection information from our new partner McCright. Click here to connect to their site.